What We Believe
Pasadena Covenant Church seeks to form and nurture a community that is deeply committed to Jesus Christ and passionately engaged in Christ’s mission in the world.
We confess Jesus Christ and the faith of the apostles as recorded in the Holy Scriptures. We believe the authority of the Bible is supreme in all matters of faith, doctrine, and conduct, and it is to be trusted. We understand ourselves to be a part of the community of believers that began with Jesus’ first followers, is alive today, and will continue until Christ comes again.
We believe we are saved by God’s grace alone, through faith alone, not by anything that we can do. We believe the need for a life that is personally connected to Jesus Christ, a reliance on the Holy Spirit, and a call to service in the world.
We believe in the authority of the Bible, the absolute necessity of new birth, Christ’s mandate to evangelize the world, the continuing need for education and formation in a Christian context, and a responsibility for benevolence and the advancement of social justice.
Our essential beliefs are summed up in the Covenant affirmations:
• We affirm the centrality of the word of God.
• We affirm the necessity of the new birth.
• We affirm a commitment to the whole mission of the Church.
• We affirm the Church as a fellowship of believers.
• We affirm a conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit.
• We affirm the reality of freedom in Christ.