New to PCC?
Whether you’re searching for a new church home, have been away from church for a while, or have never been a part of a church before, we hope you will pay us a visit!
Who are We?
Pasadena Covenant Church is a multigenerational congregation of people who are seeking God and sharing God together. Though we are part of the Evangelical Covenant denomination, we embrace those from a wide variety of church and non-church backgrounds. All questions are welcomed as we explore together what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ.
What to Expect
Here is what you will find on a Sunday morning at PCC:
We are an informal church and casual dress is the norm, though some dress up a little more and that’s fine, too.
Before or after Worship
We have two different types of Worship:
The 9:00 service is liturgical in a classical way, featuring hymns & historic tradition with a twist of creativity. Childcare opportunites listed here.
If you come early, an usher will hand you a bulletin and you’ll be invited to find yourself a seat. If you come a little late, don’t worry—the service begins with some songs of preparation to allow everyone to get settled. If you come later than this, still no worries—an usher will tell you when it’s a good time to enter and find yourself a seat.
The service will usually include…
- Singing, led by our worship team
- Times of prayer, often led by a member of the congregation (don’t be surprised if it’s a child or teen), as well as a short time when anyone who wishes may offer prayers aloud from their seats
- The offering, when ushers “pass the plate” for financial gifts (but as a visitor, you need not feel pressured to give)
- A sermon, usually 20 to 25 minutes long, offered by a pastor or guest speaker
- Communion, celebrated the first Sunday of the month. Sometimes the elements are passed to our seats, and sometimes we are invited to come to one of several stations to receive them “intinction” style. You are welcome to participate or not as you wish
- At the end of the service, two or three “prayer partners” will come forward and be available to pray with you one-on-one after the service if you’d like
After each Worship service
Please join us in tje Courtyard, behind the sanctuary (or in bad weather,in the gym) for “hospitality time” - snacks, coffee, lemonade, and fellowship. There is always lots of good food and friendly faces, and many linger for half an hour or more.
As a visitor you will be invited to fill out a card with your contact information, and we also hope you will check out our Visitors’ Table during hospitality time.